PSCI 220E: Artifact #7

Artifact #7: The Myth of the Cave and The Matrix

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Focus: Ethical Reasoning

Description: This paper connects Plato’s Myth of the Cave to the movie The Matrix. Both of these sources have the recurring theme of being freed from society and discovering the truth. 

Reflection: As a sophomore, I would not understand the connections of this class to my entire experience at Bridgewater until now. After reflecting on this assignment, what I have learned the last four years, and my ability to ethically reason, I believe that my liberal arts education has given me the ability to be freed from the blindness of a privileged society. My liberal arts education at Bridgewater has freed me from the cave and unplugged me from the matrix and I now see the perspective-changing truth.

Proficiencies: ethical reasoning, cultural revelation, critical thinking, perspective-taking, analyze abstract ideas

Artifact #7: