Meet Briana

Hey, my name is Briana Moore! 

I am an undergraduate student at Bridgewater College in Bridgewater, Virginia. My major is Computer Science, with a concentration in Web Design and Development and Administrative Management; moreover, I also am a minor in Spanish.

In the future, I plan to attend graduate school and achieve a master’s degree in Computer Science.

One of my passions in the technological field surrounds cybersecurity, more specifically information protection. The internet and other types of technology have become a battleground for individuals who use technology regularly.

I am fascinated by hackers and scammers and the methods they employ to steal information; however, I am more interested in how to protect oneself from these threats. I plan to one day pursue this passion by learning more about the cybersecurity world.

Another passion of mine is increasing the amount of computer programming education in schools across the United States, specifically K-12 education. I believe that the benefits of computer programming are not only received in the future with a high-paying job, but also in the cognitive skills it develops, which can be used throughout life.

Computer Programming Education also promotes technological and STEM career fields to young women. I believe it is important to instill the confidence in young girls so that they can compete in these career fields. I would love to one day empower young women to pursue a technological degree, and this dream all starts with providing more computer programming education in elementary, middle, and high schools everywhere.

I also enjoy learning about new types of technologies, and informing others to promote a more technologically literate world. Many people hear about new technologies, but never take the time to learn how they affect their lives.

Technology can affect a user psychologically, their personal relationships, their career, and many more areas. I believe it is important to learn about the new technology that is created around you. My blog, Technology Unleashed, will focus on the above topics about newly created technology.

In addition to my studies, I am a member of the women’s basketball team at Bridgewater College. Basketball has been my life ever since I was seven years old and I still love the game. If I am not studying or doing homework, you can find me in a gym shooting or working out to prepare for the season.

Other extracurricular activities I participate in include my church, which I attend every week regularly, and working at the YMCA as a basketball coach. I am also a member of the Alpha Mu Gamma Honor Society, which focuses on academic achievement in foreign languages. 

Now that you know a little about my hobbies, back to computer science. If computer science, programming and technology scares you, don’t worry, just remember the quote below. 

“People think that computer science is the art of geniuses but the actual reality is the opposite, just many people doing things that build on each other, like a wall of mini stones.” – Donald Knuth

You don’t have to be a genius to understand computer science, just listen and be willing to learn and you’ll fit right in!

Thank you for visiting my website and blog!