Your FILA 450 Portfolio is a major part of your senior year at Bridgewater College. Your portfolio is meant to be a culmination of your work as an undergrad and a demonstration of what a liberal arts education means to you.
One of the key requirements of the FILA 450 portfolio is the creation of an electronic portfolio to present your work. In the past we have had students use Google Sites to create their E-Portfolios, however this year we wanted to provide an additional option with WordPress. Below you’ll find requirements information about the E-Portfolio and reference documents and the grading rubric.
The Gurus are here to support graduates in the creation of your FILA-450 portfolio on WordPress and Google Sites. For any questions related to the requirements, due dates, and scoring, please contact Dr. Grace Martin firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-828-8007 .
Important Dates for 2021-2022:
Fila 450 appears on your schedule of Fall classes if you graduate in December.
The FILA 450 deadlines this year for May 2022 graduates are:
- Spring dates are coming.
FILA 450 appears on your schedule of Spring classes if you graduate in May.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact Dr. Grace Martin email@example.com or
- Reflective Essay
- Integration, Experiential Learning and Personalized Educational Program
- Engage Diverse Perspectives
- Public Discourse: Citizenship and Community Responsibility
- Global Citizenship & Intercultural Competencies
- Ethical Reasoning
- Portfolio Artifacts (7-9)
- Six (6) Essay Supporting Items: one for each section but 2 for Integration, Experiential Learning and PEP.
- Oral Communication: presentation video or PowerPoint/other software
- Information Technology: minimum webpage presentation of portfolio
- Data analysis: Excel, SPSS, Mathematica, Google Sheets, etc.
- Attendance to five (5) professional development events
- Resume & Cover Letter
- Portfolio website (all materials are submitted in the form of a website)
Important Documents and Rubrics:
Below are links to documents you may find helpful while working on your E-Portfolio and your Reflective Essay!
- For continued support on your FILA-450 portfolio creation, this information will be updated once it is released by the FILA program.
Setting up your Portfolio with WordPress:
If you would like to use WordPress to develop your portfolio, but don’t have an account set up please put in a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email should be subjected WordPress and tells us your Username and the reason for needing an account, such as FILA 450 Portfolio. After which you should receive an email saying your site has been created with instructions on logging in. Please allow 24 hours for requests to be processed. Requests made on Fridays, Saturdays, and/or Sundays, please allow 48 hours to be processed. Please be sure to contact the Digital Scholarship Gurus far in advance of your portfolio due date and be mindful of the volume of requests they will be receiving from seniors completing FILA 450.
New to WordPress? It’s actually really easy to use once you have played around with it! We have a tutorial on how to get started with the basics here: WordPress Tutorial