Your FILA 450 Portfolio is a major part of your senior year at Bridgewater College. Your portfolio is meant to be a culmination of your work as an undergrad and a demonstration of what a liberal arts education means to you.
One of the key requirements of the FILA 450 portfolio is the creation of an electronic portfolio to present your work. In the past we have had students use Google Sites to create their E-Portfolios, however this year we wanted to provide an additional option with WordPress. Below you’ll find requirements information about the E-Portfolio and reference documents and the grading rubric.
Important Dates for 2020-2021:
The FILA 450 deadlines this year for December 2020 graduates are:
- November 9 (Monday) by 8:00 am—Deadline for portfolios
- November 30 (Monday)—Graded portfolios returned to students
- December 7 (Monday) by 8:00 am—Deadline for final revisions
Fila 450 appears on your schedule of Fall classes if you graduate in December.
The FILA 450 deadlines this year for May 2021 graduates are:
- January 25 (Monday), 2021 by 8:00 am—Deadline for portfolios
- March 8-10 (Monday-Wednesday), 2021: Graded portfolios returned to students
- April 5 (Monday), 2021 by 8:00 am—Deadline for final revisions
FILA 450 appears on your schedule of Spring classes if you graduate in May.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact Dr. Grace Martin firstname.lastname@example.org or
September 25, 2020 Recorded Session
If you missed the FILA 450 session on September 25, please view the recording by clicking on the Box link below. The PowerPoint from this session is also available for your convenience.
- Reflective Essay that addresses 5 Dimensions of your BC experience:
- Integration, Experiential Learning, and Personalized Educational Program
- Engage with Diverse Perspectives
- Public Discourse: Citizenship & Community Responsibility
- Global Citizenship & Intercultural Competencies
- Ethical Reasoning
- Minimum of 6 Essay Supporting Items (materials from classes showing your growth and achievements)
- Additional Portfolio Artifacts
- Portfolio presented as a webpage
- Video of oral presentation or presentation in presentation software (PowerPoint, Google Slides, Prezi, etc.)
- Data analysis using data analysis software (Excel, Mathimatica, QuickBooks, SPSS, etc.)
- Resume and Cover Letter
Important Documents and Rubrics:
Below are links to documents you may find helpful while working on your E-Portfolio and your Reflective Essay!
- Guidelines for FILA 450 Portfolio 2020-2021
- Grading Rubric for FILA 450 Portfolio
- FILA 450 Portfolio Score Sheet Template 2020-2021
Setting up your Portfolio with WordPress:
If you would like to use WordPress to develop your portfolio, but don’t have an account set up please put in a request to email@example.com. The email should be subjected WordPress and tells us your Username and the reason for needing an account, such as FILA 450 Portfolio. After which you should receive an email saying your site has been created with instructions on logging in. Please allow 24 hours for requests to be processed. Requests made on Fridays, Saturdays, and/or Sundays, please allow 48 hours to be processed. Please be sure to contact the Digital Scholarship Gurus far in advance of your portfolio due date and be mindful of the volume of requests they will be receiving from seniors completing FILA 450.
New to WordPress? It’s actually really easy to use once you have played around with it! We have a tutorial on how to get started with the basics here: WordPress Tutorial