Google Apps have endless possibilities. You can use Google Drive to store and share your documents, photos, and videos. Google Classroom can be used as a course management system. Create, share, and collaborate using Docs, Slides, Forms, and Sheets. Set up appointments using Google Calendar or have a meeting or class using Google Hangouts and record your Hangout using Google On Air.
Table of Contents
- How to set up Appointment Slots on Google Calendar: Appointment slots can easily help you add office hours or advising meetings to your calendar.
- How to share your Calendar with Appointment Slots with your students: When students sign-up using Appointment Slots on your Google Calendar, you will receive an invitation on you Outlook calendar.
- How to share your Google Calendar: You can share a calendar with your students or faculty members in your department.
- Starting a Classroom: This article goes over the basics of getting started with your own Google Classroom. Use your Bridgewater College email and password to log into Google Classroom.
- Sharing your Classroom Code or Inviting Students to your Classroom: These directions go over where you can find your classroom code to share and how to invite students to join your classroom.
- Inviting Another Teacher: Want to invite another Bridgewater College faculty member or staff to be a teacher in your Google Classroom? Here is a how-to article that explains the steps to inviting other members of the Bridgewater College community to be a teacher in your Google Classroom.
- Setting Class Permissions: This article goes over students can share, post, and comment on the class stream, assignments, messages, and/or announcements. You can set permissions for the whole class or for one students. Also, this article will go over how you can see deleted posts and comments made by students.
- Changing your Class Theme: Don’t like the theme of your classroom? You can change it. Here are directions on how to change your theme.
- Creating and Grading Assignments: This article will go over how to create and modify assignments, view assignments, grade and return assignments.
- Google Doc Cheat Sheet: This cheat sheet will help you get started using Google Docs.
- Getting Starting with Google Docs: This Google Apps Learning Center site will help you get started with Google Docs.
- Creating and Renaming a new Doc: Here are directions on how to create and rename a new Google Doc.
- Sharing a Doc: These directions go over how you share a Google doc.
- Adding a Comment to a Doc: Here are directions on how you can add a comment on a Google Doc to give feedback.
- Overview of Comments and Discussions: This article goes over comments and discussions in a little bit more detail.
- Downloading Doc in a Different Format: Here is how you download a Google Doc in a different format.
- Add-Ons: Add-ons are tools for Google Docs that have been developed by third-party developers. Here are a couple of add-ons for Google Docs; mail merge, bibliography citations, inserting a Google Map into a doc, track changes. This article will tell you how to add an add-on to Google Docs.
- Getting to Your Getting to Your Google Drive: Here is how you access your Google Drive.
- Sharing Folder or Files in Your Google Drive: This document goes over how to share a folder or file from your Google Drive.
- Accessing Shared Folders and Files in Your Google Drive: Here are steps on how to view folders and files that have been shared with you in your Google Drive.
- Downloading Files from Your Google Drive: You can download folders and files from your Google Drive to your computer. Here are the steps to downloading folders or files.
- Creating a New Folder to Your Google Drive: Here is how you add a new folder to your Google Drive.
- Creating a New File to Your Google Drive: You can create new files right from your Google Drive. Here is how you can do that.
- Deleting a Folder or File from Your Google Drive: You can move folders and files to the trash, then delete the folders or files forever. Here is how you delete folders and files.
- Getting Started with Google Forms: This article from Google Apps Learning Center will help you get started with Google Forms.
- Add and Editing Questions, Headers, Images, Videos, and Page Breaks: This how-to from Google goes over how to add and edit items to a Google Form.
- Add a Theme to a Form: This article goes over how to add different themes to a form.
- Control a Form’s Navigation: You can choose the navigation of your form based on answers to the questions. This article goes over how to set up a form’s navigation.
- Form Response Destination: Responses will be stored in a spreadsheet, however, this article will show you how to set up responses with a new spreadsheet or an existing spreadsheet.
- Sharing a Form: This articles shows you how to share a form with a collaborator.
- Form Add-ons: There are different add-ons you can add to a form, such as Flubaroo which will grade your forms for you.
- Starting a Hangout: Google Hangouts is another way for you to communicate with your students using chats or videos. This link will help you get a Google Hangout started.
- Recording Your Hangout Using On Air: Google Hangouts On Air will allow you to schedule your broadcast so you can share it with your students in real time or you can record your broadcast to share with your students later. You can also edit your broadcast as well.
- Getting Started with Google Sheets: This Google Apps Learning Center site will help you get started with Google Sheets.
- Creating and Renaming a New Sheet: Here are the steps to creating and renaming a new Google Sheet.
- Sharing a Sheet: These steps will help you share a Google Sheet.
- Adding a Comment to a Sheet: If you are collaborating with others on a Google Sheet, you add comments. This document will show you how to add a comment.
- Adding a Function to a Sheet: There are several different functions that you can use. Here are the steps to add a function to your spreadsheet.
- Downloading a Sheet in a Different Format: Here is how you can download a Google Sheet in a different format.
- Adding a Google Form from a Sheet: This document goes over how to start a Google Form from a Google Sheet.
- Add-Ons: Add-ons are tools for Google Sheets that have been developed by third-party developers. This article will tell you how to add an add-on to Google Sheets.
- Getting Started with Google Slides: This Google Apps site will help you get started with Google Slides.
- Creating and Renaming an New Slide or Presentation: These step-by-step directions will show you how to create and rename a slide or presentation.
- Sharing a Slide or Presentation: Here is how you share your presentation with others.
- Adding a New Slide to a Presentation: Here are the directions on how to add new slides to your presentation.
- Adding a Comment to a Slide or Presentation: Here is how you can add a comment to a slide or presentation if you are working with others on a presentation or if someone has shared a presentation with you.
- Adding a Transition to Your Slides: You have the option to add a few different transitions to your slides. Here is how you can add them to your presentation.
- Changing the Layout of a Slide: This document goes over how you can change the layout of a slide in your presentation.
- Adding Text or a Text box to a Slide: Here is how you can add text or a text box to your slides.
- Adding an Image to a Slide: Here is how you can add images to your presentation.
- Presenting Your Presentation: Here is a Google Help article on the different ways to present your Google Slide presentation.
- Downloading a Slide or Presentation in a Different Format: Here is how you can download a slide or presentation in a different format.
- Getting Started with Sites: This PDF from Google Apps Learning Center will help you get started creating a Google Site.
- Starting a New Site in Google Sites: Here are directions on how to create a new Google Site.
- Adding a New Page to Your Google Site: This document goes over how to add a new page to your Google Site.
- Editing a Page on Your Site: Here is how you can make edits to your Google Site.
- Where to Find the Page and Site Settings: Here is how you can make changes to the page layout, delete a page, manage your site, etc.
- Deleting a Page from Your Site: This document shows you how to delete a page from your site.
- Setting up Your Site’s Sharing Settings: Here is how you can find your Site’s sharing settings and how you can make changes to your Site’s sharing settings.