About Me

I’m Emily Goodwin, the instructional technologist, here at Bridgewater College and here is a little bit of information about me.  I grew up on a pure bred Angus farm not far from Bridgewater College in Augusta County. I graduated from James Madison University in December, 2003, with an undergraduate degree with a major in Interdisciplinary Liberal Studies with a concentration in Math and Science and a minor in Elementary Education.  As I was completing my student teaching in Kindergarten and Third grade at Beverley Manor Elementary School, I was hired as an instructional assistant.  I worked with Kindergarten through Third grade while I was an instructional assistant.  Later that school year, I was hired as a long-term sub in Kindergarten to finished out the year.  During the summer of 2004, I was hired as a Kindergarten teacher at Beverley Manor Elementary School.  At Beverley Manor, I taught Kindergarten for 3 years, looped with a class and taught First grade for one year, and then taught Third grade for six years. After a few years of teaching, I decided to go back to college and get my Masters degree.  While I was teaching Third grade, I attended Virginia Tech and in December, 2012, received a Masters in Curriculum and Instructional Design with an emphasis in Instructional Technology.   At the end of June 2014, I started working here at Bridgewater College in IT Center as an Instructional Technologist. During the summer of 2016, my title was changed to Instructional Designer.

I live in Staunton with my husband Ben, our daughter Whitney, and our other furry child, Addy.  Addy is a golden retriever lab mix.  My husband and I love to get away to the beach whenever we need a break.   Reading is a favorite pastime for me.  So if you know of any good books, let me know!

Ben and Me FL 2014

Ben and me at Little Hickory in Bonita Springs, FL. June 2014

Whitney is supervising while dinner is being made.