What is the instructional technology?
The AECT has defined instructional technology as “the theory and practice of design, development, utilization, management and evaluation of processes and resources of learning.” (Seels & Richey)
Meaning the field of instructional technology is to focus on the improvement of efficiency and effectiveness of instruction through 5 areas; design, development, utilization, management, and evaluation.
What does an instructional designer do?
An instructional designer can assist in
- content delivery design
- instructional strategies
- development of assessments
- evaluation of instructional design
- evaluation of content delivery
- course management
- course organization in Moodle or Google Classroom
- developing learning objectives
- developing learning goals
- evaluation of resources, software, websites, videos, media, apps
- training development, implementation, and resources
- incorporating instructional technologies into a course