Directions

Directions

I-81 traveling North:

• Take Exit 240 – Bridgewater/Mt. Crawford exit 
  • Turn LEFT onto Rt. 257 West
  • Follow Rt. 257 West for 2.7 miles to the brick entrance gates of the college
  • At the entrance gates turn left on College View Drive and follow .3 mile to the stop sign. Turn right on College Street and go .4 mile. On the left you will see a parking lot with campus map facing College Street where you may park.

I-81 traveling South:

• Turn RIGHT onto Rt. 257 West

Local Airport

Located just south of Bridgewater College is the Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport (SHD) . Auto rental service is available. Please refer to www.Flyshd.com for more details.

If you choose not to fly to the closest airport, consider these:

Next best is Charlottesville (CHO) at about 60 minutes away.   Flights service this airport most daylight hours. Car rental is also available here.  To drive from this airport there are two choices.  Go out of the airport to Rt 29.  If you turn north, go until you turn left on to Rt 33 and cross through the Blue Ridge Mountains across Skyline National Park.  This route is mostly two-lane.  Follow to I-81  and go south to exit 240 for the campus.  If you turn south on Rt. 29, you will go through Charlottesville, taking the Rt 250 bypass to I-64.  Take I-64 west to I-81.  Go north to exit 240 for the campus.

Roanoke (ROA) is about 100 minutes away.  Follow signs from the airport to I-581, merge into I-81 north and go to exit 240 for the campus.

Richmond (RIC) is about 2 hours away.  Follow signs to I-64 west, follow to I-81. Go north to exit 240.

Washington-Dulles (IAD)  is about 2 hours away. Follow signs from the airport to  VA-28 south (be watching because  it comes quickly;  if you miss it you are on an expressway or toll road into D.C.).  From VA-28, take I-66 west until it ends at I-81.  Follow to I-81 and go south to exit 240.

Reagan National (DCA) is about 2 and a half hours, or more depending on traffic.  Leave the airport and follow signs to US-50 west.  Take I-495 north about a mile to catch I-66 west.  Take I-66 west until it ends at I-81.  Follow I-81 south to exit 240.

Baltimore (BWI) is three hours, again extended by traffic at certain times of the day. If you have a layover of more than 4 hours, driving from here might be a good option, otherwise not.  Take I-195 west, then  I-95 south, then  I-495 west into Virginia.   Take I-66 west until it ends at I-81.  Follow I-81 south to exit 240 for the campus.

Some people have chosen to avoid the traffic also by flying into Hagerstown (HGR), which is about 2 hours away.  Just hop onto I-81 and come south to exit 240.  Be sure to arrange for car rental in advance for this airport.