FALL 2020: VIRTUAL EVENT

FALL 2020: VIRTUAL EVENT

1. Purpose

A celebration of global poetry in English.

2. Open Submissions

A 5-minute reading of your original poetry in English, or with English translation. (More details below.)

3. Deadline

October 12, 2020

4. FAQs

What format files are acceptable?

The best video format for YouTube is .MP4 (example: YourName.MP4). However, other supported formats include .MOV and .MPEG4.

What are the length requirements?

The length of the video should be approximately 5 minutes long in total with a brief introduction of yourself as well as a reading from your original poetry in English, or with English translation.

What do I need to include verbally in my submission?

In your submission, you will need to include a brief introduction of yourself (no longer than a minute) as well as a reading from your original poetry in English, or with English translation. Also, include a statement similar to: “I’m performing this for the Fall Virtual 2020 edition of the Bridgewater International Poetry Festival.”

Does submission mean automatic acceptance?

No. From the submissions received by the deadline, we will choose approximately 24 presenters or two hours’ worth of poetry.

Will I be paid for participating?

You will not be paid for participating in the BIPF Fall 2020 Virtual Event.

Do I have to pay to submit?

No. There is no submission fee for the festival.

Where will the festival be publicly available?

The festival videos will be publicly available on the BIPF YouTube page. You can also access information about the festival on the BIPF Twitter page and the BIPF Facebook page.

Can I link directly to my video once it is public?

Yes. The videos that are included in the festival will be posted on the BIPF YouTube channel.

What is the submission deadline?

The submission deadline for videos is October 12, 2020. They should be submitted by email to lit-conf@bridgewater.edu.

When will the festival go public?

The festival will be made public in two playlists on November 16 and 17, 2020. There is no end date anticipated for the poems to be removed