Professor of English
Director of the Writing Center
Director of Composition
Spring 2019 Classes:
- ENG 315: Teaching Writing
- ENG 324: Special Topics in Writing: Creative Nonfiction
- ENG 350: Literature for Young Adults
Fall 2018 Classes:
- ENG 400: Seminar in George Orwell
- PWR 275: Grammar, Style, & Editing
Research interests: the teaching of writing, incorporation of new literacies in writing instruction, young adult (YA) literature, creative nonfiction
Recently submitted writing: 1500-word reference essays on Li-Young Lee, Geraldine Brooks, and Brooks’s Pulitzer-winning March
Choral singing–I sing 2nd alto with the Shenandoah Valley Choral Society, Bridgewater Church of the Brethren’s Sanctus Choir, and Bridgewater College’s Oratorio Choir; and occasionally the Shenandoah Valley Bach Festival Chorus.
History classes–I have registered for or audited 7 History classes here at BC over the past few years.